Create solutions to address COVID19 Challenges!
Find more information, data and challenges on www.codevscovid19.com
Besides start time and end time, we will not make any further specifications for the program from March 27 to March 30. Our goal is to let you work on the prototypes with as much focus as possible.
COVID-19 has developed into a global crisis in recent weeks. Dozens of countries are currently facing similar challenges. And time is critical. HackZurich, with one of the world's largest network of international technology specialists, is able to mobilize a large number of experts within a very short time. A global challenge requires global solutions and therefore needs collaboration between a wide range of different actors.
We activate the collaborative brain, knowledge, and capacity of several thousand technology enthusiasts, researchers, creative minds and experts to solve the biggest challenges regarding COVID-19.
We unite the brightest minds in a 72h online hackathon, enable them with mentors, subject matter experts, data sources and an international network of partners. The goal of this 72h nonprofit online hackathon is to develop open-source prototypes, which contribute to solving the most pressing challenges in the current crisis. We want to build on existing solutions and technologies to prevent duplications and want to enable a sustainable impact after the hackathon to take projects to the next level and implement them for our daily life and work.
General topic: Solve social, economic and health-crisis behind Coronavirus
- Novel methods of infection detection
- Data analysis, data visualization, public relations and development for the fight against COVID-19 outbreak
- Creation of apps, videos, designs, information graphs for assistance in rescue and disaster releif
- Support for global resource balancing for hospitals, materials, storage, logistics, scheduling, personnel
- Development of applications for first aid, detection plan, (GPS) activity history analysis, public transport, WiFi hotspot tracking
- Development of solutions for online and offline collabotation management of employees in order to continue to ensure the economic power
- You need to upload a video of your pitch and demo (maximum 2 minutes) and link it to your devpost project (see here).
- We are mainly looking for technical prototypes, however other ideas and results are welcome as well.
- Please do upload all of your information and material to devpost (Code via GitHub or other repositories).
- Please make sure that your project is well documented.
- Everyone should be able to test your project and be able to develop it or build on it.
- There will be a public voting in the end to assess the most exciting projects.
$4,000 in prizes
Best Project for Health Companion Services (3)
CSS, one of the largest health Swiss insurance companies, is looking for ideas to make life easier for patients. As the current situation is very challenging, we support projects that enable people live a healthier life, get well again or live with a disease. Help us to find promising ideas and we support you in turning them into reality.
Public Voting Winner
Winner of the 24h Public Voting
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How creative or innovative is the idea behind the prototype?
How relevant is the prototype's use case to a real market or business problem? Can it be sold effectively?
User Interface & User Experience
Is the overall user experience intuitive? Does the flow make sense?
Technical Strength & Sophistication
How sophisticated is the application? Is a source code repository being used? Is there documentation? Are appropriate services and infrastructure being used (e.g. cloud computing, databases)?
Does it actually work? How complete is the product? Could the prototype scale as a real solution with multiple users?
Was the team able to explain their idea and what the prototype actually did? Did the presentation and demo show how their hack has fulfilled the judging criteria? Did the team communicate the essence of why they did what they did and why it was important?